JBAS014777: Services which failed to start: service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite

Dears,

Application Server:

JBoss (6.4.19)

Appian: 18.1 With Two HotFix-Updates (A and B)

I am able to run successfully the following:

- Appian Engine (all services)

- Data Server service

- Search Server service

- JBoss started as Standalone but failed with several exception messages.

"{
    \"JBAS014671: Failed services\" => {\"jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite\" => \"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context
    Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context\"},
    \"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies\" => [
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".deploymentCompleteService is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\"
    ]
}"

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Using the Installation Guide as Reference, do the following:

1.Part Five: Allow Insecure Cookies
    Open <REPO_HOME>\ear\suite.ear\web.war\WEB-INF\web.xml in a text editor.

Remove the following lines:
    <cookie-config>
    <http-only>true</http-only>
    <secure>true</secure>
    </cookie-config>
    <tracking-mode>COOKIE</tracking-mode>
    Save the file.

2.Part Ten: Deploy the Configurations
    Use the configure script to validate your environment's configuration and deploy Appian.
    Open the command prompt, and then run the following command: <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\configure.bat
    Choose 4 - Validate configurations.
    Choose 5 - Deploy configurations, select 1 - <ENVIRONMENT>, and then select 3 - Deploy configurations to both. If prompted, select the option that corresponds with your version of JBoss.
    Type Q to quit.

3.If Appian fails to start properly for any reason, check the following:

Verify that the following file exists and does not have the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\templates\ear\suite.ear.dodeploy

Delete the following file if it has the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\deployments\appian-mysql-ds.xml.deployed

Hope this helps
  • Hi Benhail,
    I have followed the installation guide and double check with all the steps you've mentioned in your reply but in-vain.

Kindly note that I have done the following while installing Appian:
    1- Install Appian from "setupWin_appian-18.1.23.0.exe"
    2- then I have installed Hotfix-A from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_A.zip"
    3- finally I have installed Hotfix-B from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_B.zip" immediately afterwards

could it be the reason of the issue?
  • It was fresh installation totally, nobody is using this.

Kindly amend or correct if i miss anything in below list of tasks i am going to perform:

1. I will remove only (Appian_Home) director n leave current (Appian_Repo) as it is

2. Then i will install 18.1 from its setup again on same (Appian_Home) path

3. I will install hotfix-b pkg

4. Then make changes only to web.xml file to remove Cookie and Tracking elements

5. Start Appian Engine without performing verify config and deployment step by running configuration.bat

Are above OK??

Thanks

A Score Level 1
    in reply to asifh

1. I will remove everything (Fresh Installation right? )

2. Then i will install 18.1

3. I will install hotfix-b pkg

docs.appian.com/.../Hotfixes.html

Follow these steps again

docs.appian.com/.../Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html

All the best :)

• Leave the Appian_Repo as it is and just make changes in Appian_Home directory only.. right?
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to asifh
    Will there be a problem if you remove the whole Appian Root Folder structure and try a fresh installation?

Just to know the problem.

As far as I know, You need to configure the Jboss structure again and it wont be consistent if you just copy/paste the Jboss folder.

If you have patience, you can give it a try and if things doesn't workout, I would just do a complete installation.
  • Now, before starting new Appian Installation, should I do the following?

1- Remove the current appian folder e.g. c:\appian181 completely
    2- Un-Install JBOSS and install it again?

Kindly mention if anyother folder/file/settings removal/update is required

Thanks for your co-operation
  • +1
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to asifh
    1- Remove the current appian folder e.g. c:\appian181 completely ------------ YES
    2- Un-Install JBOSS and install it again? ------------------- Nothing to uninstall, it is present in the above mentioned folder. (c:\appian181\appian\bin). It will be removed along with that folder.

Kindly mention if any other folder/file/settings removal/update is required --------------- Nothing is required, all settings and files are present in that folder (c:\appian181).

That's all :)

Hope this helps.

Mark the issue as verified if your queries are answered.
  • In case we need to use/enable LDAP using Appian Admin site

1- Is it obligatory to have First Appian user (defined in password.properties file) the same exists in LDAP
    OR
    2- we can have the different unique user (which doesn't exist in LDAP) e.g. appAdmin/password etc.??

If we will go with 2nd option then what will happened while configuring LDAP?
    Will we have to create another user with same username/password which exist in LDAP and then enable LDAP on Appian using that user??

OR

can we change the First user's username and password so that it matches exactly with the user exist in LDAP and then enable LDAP on Appian?

Please respond
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to asifh
    Answer : 2nd Option.

This User is independent even when you configure with LDAP. You don't have to create the same user account on your LDAP Server
  • While configuring LDAP, if I click on TEST then it is showing the same unique first user (which I have created using password.properties file) and it says test failed.. it also doesn't allow to save the settings although I gave correct LDAP url .
    now what to do?
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to asifh
    Something might be wrong with the LDAP Configuration. Kindly verify.

Why don't you create a new discussion rather than using this particular one, so that others might help you better.
Reply Children
No Data