18.3 Installation issue

I am encountering issue while performing a fresh installation of 18.3 and its related to SQL the error message i see is "ERROR org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'system, url_alias, uuid, version_uuid) values (1, 1535567174776, 1, 153556717477' at line 1. [localhost-startStop-1] FATAL com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener - Halting JVM startup: A fatal error occurred when importing system packages: Found 3 failures when importing. Will try again upon restart: C:\Appian18.3\appian\deployment\web.war\WEB-INF\bundled-apps\system.zip
com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: A fatal error occurred when importing system packages: Found 3 failures when importing. Will try again upon restart: C:\Appian18.3\appian\deployment\web.war\WEB-INF\bundled-apps\system.zip (APNX-1-4262-001)" . I have added the detailed tomcat error log

1651.tomcat-stdOut.log

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I finally got everything up not sure what the issue was but I reverted to the old sql versions that were running on our 18.1.
    mysql-installer-community-5.7.21.0 and mysql-workbench-community-6.3.10-winx64 is what I used this time and re ran the setup again and it was executed successfully. Seems like there is an issue with the latest SQL versions and 18.3
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Ankur V
    Great to hear that you got the setup successfully. Could you please tell me what exact problem that you have seen when set up was failed and how did you come to know problem is with SQL server. This information may help others.
  • "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'system, url_alias, uuid, version_uuid) values (1, 1535567174776, 1, 153556717477' at line 1. [localhost-startStop-1] FATAL com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener" This error prompted me to believe there is an issue with the SQL version running on the server and the way the table is being created. I believe value "values (1, 1535567174776, 1, 153556717477" in line 1 should be in a single query while being written during installation but is written in a different format. I didn't bother to change the SQL during installation for the risk of further Appian DB tables being not written correctly hence i reverted to the old SQL versions that were running on 18.3 may be someone from Appian can explain this in detail.
  • "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'system, url_alias, uuid, version_uuid) values (1, 1535567174776, 1, 153556717477' at line 1. [localhost-startStop-1] FATAL com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener" This error prompted me to believe there is an issue with the SQL version running on the server and the way the table is being created. I believe value "values (1, 1535567174776, 1, 153556717477" in line 1 should be in a single query while being written during installation but is written in a different format. I didn't bother to change the SQL during installation for the risk of further Appian DB tables being not written correctly hence i reverted to the old SQL versions that were running on 18.3 may be someone from Appian can explain this in detail.
Children
No Data