Error when resetting password of basic user using admin console

A Score Level 1

Hi all,

One of our basic users have forgotten his password. First, I've asked him to reset his password from the log-in page, but he reported that he's not getting an email (not even in his spam folder).

So I tried resetting his password using the admin console but I'm getting this system error.

Here's the error extracted from our logs:

Caused by: com.appiancorp.core.expr.exceptions.ExpressionRuntimeException$AppianExceptionWithRootCauseProvider: Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = I9TTZ670]: An error occurred while attempting to store into the following variables: [local!passwordResetWriter]. Details: [[local!passwordResetWriter:The user [redacted@sample.com] does not have sufficient privileges to perform the requested action because they are not in any role.]] (APNX-1-4245-002)

We're currently using Appian version 18.4.

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    As mentioned by , please go ahead and add user to any one group he needs to be even if you see that the user is already in the group. We faced the same issue earlier and it is resolved by making the user active and then adding the user into a group. After this is done, you will be able to reset the password without error and I guess user will also be able to use forgot password functionality as well.
    Certified Senior Developer
    As mentioned by , please go ahead and add user to any one group he needs to be even if you see that the user is already in the group. We faced the same issue earlier and it is resolved by making the user active and then adding the user into a group. After this is done, you will be able to reset the password without error and I guess user will also be able to use forgot password functionality as well.
Children
No Data