Platform migration strategy

Hi,

I would like to know the recommended strategy for migrating an on premise Appian Platform.

If I have 500 applications in my plateform, I can't reasonably ask each project to assure the compatibility of their application for a new version of the platform if I migrate each year. I need each project to be able to upgrade at his own pace.

1./ Should I have a parallel upgraded platform ? Then I can migrate application by application. But how do I transfer process data for a specific application ?

2./ Or maybe the platform garanties that applications are still working and that they are using deprecated functionnalities (That the project have time to correct before the next release).

What is the recommended strategy ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Julien -

I'd like to ensure I understand the question:
    When you say: "strategy for migrating an on premise Appian Platform" - are you asking about strategy to...

(a) manage on-premises SDLC; development, test, and production release ?
    OR
    (b) manage a one-time migration of everything on an on-premises installation to a different [possibly cloud] install
    OR
    (c) something else....
    ?
  • Hi Julien -

I'd like to ensure I understand the question:
    When you say: "strategy for migrating an on premise Appian Platform" - are you asking about strategy to...

(a) manage on-premises SDLC; development, test, and production release ?
    OR
    (b) manage a one-time migration of everything on an on-premises installation to a different [possibly cloud] install
    OR
    (c) something else....
    ?
Children