In both Appian 7.2 and 7.3, the conf.suite.ALERT_MESSAGE_LIMIT configuration pro

In both Appian 7.2 and 7.3, the conf.suite.ALERT_MESSAGE_LIMIT configuration property doesn't seem to work as intended. Specifically, the message entry box in the Process Modeler states that I have a limit that aligns with the limit I've set, but it will never allow me to save the message if it exceeds 1000 characters. I've changed the setting, saved the custom.properties file, and then restarted Appian. Is this a bug, or am I missing another required setting somewhere?...

OriginalPostID-88126

OriginalPostID-88126

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've increased the conf.suite.DATA_CAP_PARAGRAPHS setting as well. That allowed me to send emails with message bodies greater than 1000 characters as anticipated. Now I'm trying to do the same with alerts. I appreciate your note but don't see how any of the other data capping properties would apply in this case, as none of my words or sentences exceed the default, allowable amounts.
  • I've increased the conf.suite.DATA_CAP_PARAGRAPHS setting as well. That allowed me to send emails with message bodies greater than 1000 characters as anticipated. Now I'm trying to do the same with alerts. I appreciate your note but don't see how any of the other data capping properties would apply in this case, as none of my words or sentences exceed the default, allowable amounts.
Children
No Data