I note that when autocheckpointing in turned on, checkpoints will be run W

I note that when autocheckpointing in turned on, checkpoints will be run
Where can I find out more information about configuring checkpointing?
What is the average time it takes for a checkpoint to run for example? The documentation says that if autocheckpoint is enabled, then a checkpoint will run "approximately once every 4 to 12 hours, depending on a number of factors, including transaction volume”.
Where can I find information on what those factors are, or what the transaction volume thresholds are that would trigger a 4, 5 or 12 hourly checkpoint? Is there a "Checkpoint Best Practices" page for example?...

OriginalPostID-33543

OriginalPostID-33543

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1) You can easily tell by the kdb last modified timestamp. Like I said, these times will vary on a number of factors.
    2) You will need to inspect the db logs, and calculate the time between initiation of the save to the kdb switch. Normally the save is limited by I/O because of writing the sizeable files to disk but should take less than a few seconds on DEV. You can open an Appian Support case to help you identify the start and end times.
  • 1) You can easily tell by the kdb last modified timestamp. Like I said, these times will vary on a number of factors.
    2) You will need to inspect the db logs, and calculate the time between initiation of the save to the kdb switch. Normally the save is limited by I/O because of writing the sizeable files to disk but should take less than a few seconds on DEV. You can open an Appian Support case to help you identify the start and end times.
Children