Hi, I am installing Appian 7.3 and creating DataBase on my local syst

Hi,

I am installing Appian 7.3 and creating DataBase on my local system. Database i am using is MySQL. I have used the same configuration that i used while installing Appian 7.2 but when i am starting the server i am getting following error:

13:48:30,410 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/suite]] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 156) JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigurationLoader: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize and validate the primary data source. (APNX-1-4179-004)

Any Help...

OriginalPostID-93084

OriginalPostID-93084

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi

I am able to solve the above mentioned error .But now i am getting following error.

14:11:05,355 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 124) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection
  • What's the caused by? Please ensure that you have defined appian-ds.xml with your primary data source and the security domain matches with what is defined in standalone.xml. Double check that you have the correct user and encoded password in your security domain.
    Also, check that there are no firewalls preventing your access to the database.
  • Hi Patty.
    Thanks for the reply.

Initially the error was caused by wrong user name. But i correct that one. The Database is placed in the same server where i am installing my appian. I am using MySQL server as my DB
    Now i am getting following error:

“14:49:52,704 WARN [org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.PoolBySubject] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 216) IJ000604: Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null: javax.resource.ResourceException: Could not create connection”

Caused by: DataSourceConnectionException[jdbc/MyAppian73DB]: FATAL: The primary datasource cannot be reached. Access to the primary datasource is required. The Appian application will fail to deploy. Details: Unable to build EntityManagerFactory (APNX-1-4179-002)”
  • What is the security domain that you have defined in appian-ds.xml and standalone.xml? What is the serverName, portNumber, and database that you have defined in appian-ds.xml.
    Does the jndi-name in appian-ds.xml match with what is defined in custom.properties?
    Please make sure that you have the port for you database open on your local machine.