Limit on Displayed Data in a Record

Is there a default limit to the amount of data displayed within a Record view?  I have a view that has 235 rows and 40 columns. When I try to display the data from this view, only 42 rows appear.  I can export the full dataset and I can search for and filter for the full range of values in the table.  But the row count and pagination isn't showing the correct values. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Is this for a record list?  If this is for a record list I would very much consider removing all columns you don't intend on displaying from your query expression.  You want the minimum amount of information possible to have a user be able to distinguish between one record and another. 

The larger view with 40 full columns you could use for the record summary view, which will only display for one row at a time after the user has selected a record.

In answer to your question, I believe you may be reaching the default limit of total bytes a database query will return.  This is done to prevent queries that would take far too long to complete.  By being selective about the columns you return, you can reduce the total data coming in for all 235 rows.  This will be vitally important if you expect the number 235 to grow at any point.

• I would tend to agree on limiting the number of rows displayed in the record list. However, this is a workaround to export and display a larger dataset from Appian so there isn't a specific record view being used. 

Reply Children