Data Server failing after upgrade to 20.3

When trying to start a server on Appian 20.3 that was previously running 20.2 HF C, I am getting the following error when the data-server starts up:

Basically, the migration script for the data-server data is failing. Has anyone else run into this?

Server OS: RHEL 7.8

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The screenshot is too small but there was an issue that resulted in restoring the k4.lic from the pre-migration installation (or backup). I recall doing this and it worked.

Also, follow these steps:

1. Copy the hs directory to <APPIAN-HOME>/data-server/data from the previous 20.x installation from which the environment was upgraded.
    2. Now, navigate to <APPIAN-HOME>/data-server/data/hs folder and delete the below files:
    3. .lastPurgedTxIds
    4. .info
    5. Start the data server
  • The screenshot is too small but there was an issue that resulted in restoring the k4.lic from the pre-migration installation (or backup). I recall doing this and it worked.

Also, follow these steps:

1. Copy the hs directory to <APPIAN-HOME>/data-server/data from the previous 20.x installation from which the environment was upgraded.
    2. Now, navigate to <APPIAN-HOME>/data-server/data/hs folder and delete the below files:
    3. .lastPurgedTxIds
    4. .info
    5. Start the data server
Children