How can I replace a user account (for example uppercase from lowercase)? Also,

How can I replace a user account (for example uppercase from lowercase)? Also, even if the account deactivated, the system doesn't allow me to create a new (active one) instead using the same name, last name and email keys. Any ideas, folks?...

OriginalPostID-128824

OriginalPostID-128824

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can use the Rename Users Plug-in forum.appian.com/.../summary but keep in mind that renaming users is resource intensive, therefore is not recommended unless extremely necessary and hast to be executed off-hours

The way you rename users from lower case to upper case is:

1. Pass the users to the plug-in
    2. Rename those users to <username>_tmp
    3. Wait for the users to be reamed to <username>_tmp
    4. At this point you have released the username now rename <username>_tmp to the final/desired username (i.e. lowercase)

For example, let's say I have two users: EDUARDO.FUENTES and JOHN.SMITH, I will need to rename those first to eduardo.fuentes_tmp and john.smith_tmp to release the characters then finally rename eduardo.fuentes_tmp and john.smith_tmp to eduardo.fuentes and john.smith
  • You can use the Rename Users Plug-in forum.appian.com/.../summary but keep in mind that renaming users is resource intensive, therefore is not recommended unless extremely necessary and hast to be executed off-hours

The way you rename users from lower case to upper case is:

1. Pass the users to the plug-in
    2. Rename those users to <username>_tmp
    3. Wait for the users to be reamed to <username>_tmp
    4. At this point you have released the username now rename <username>_tmp to the final/desired username (i.e. lowercase)

For example, let's say I have two users: EDUARDO.FUENTES and JOHN.SMITH, I will need to rename those first to eduardo.fuentes_tmp and john.smith_tmp to release the characters then finally rename eduardo.fuentes_tmp and john.smith_tmp to eduardo.fuentes and john.smith
Children
No Data