I am trying to install the Appian 8.0. As a part of this installation I have in

I am trying to install the Appian 8.0. As a part of this installation I have installed Jboss EAP 6.3 and MySQL 5.6. when I start the jboss I am getting the below error message. Any inputs on this?

JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigurationLoader: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize and validate the primary data source. (APNX-1-4179-004)
          at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianRuntimeException.<init>(AppianRuntimeException.java:52) [appian-suiteapi.jar:]
          at com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException.<init>(FatalConfigurationException.java:23) [appian-common.jar:]
          at com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig.finish(PrimaryDataSourceConfig.java:29) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
          at com.app...

OriginalPostID-136530

OriginalPostID-136530

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...iancorp.common.config.ConfigObject.init(ConfigObject.java:65) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObjectRepository.initConfigObject(ConfigObjectRepository.java:372) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObjectRepository.initConfigObject(ConfigObjectRepository.java:263) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObjectRepository.init(ConfigObjectRepository.java:223) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObjectRepository.create(ConfigObjectRepository.java:95) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObjectRepository.create(ConfigObjectRepository.java:89) [appian-common.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigurationLoader.contextInitialized(ConfigurationLoader.java:43) [appian-common.jar:]
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.contextListenerStart(StandardContext.java:3339) [jbossweb-7.4.8.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.4.8.Final-redhat-4]
              at org.apache.catalina....
  • ...core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3777) [jbossweb-7.4.8.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.4.8.Final-redhat-4]
              at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.doStart(WebDeploymentService.java:161) [jboss-as-web-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
              at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.access$000(WebDeploymentService.java:59) [jboss-as-web-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
              at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService$1.run(WebDeploymentService.java:94) [jboss-as-web-7.4.0.Final-redhat-19.jar:7.4.0.Final-redhat-19]
              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thr...
  • ... ead.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
              at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: [java:/jdbc/Appian_primaryDS1] Error during schema migration.
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.ensureSchema(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:630) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.getEntityManagerFactory(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:603) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.getSessionFactory(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:595) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.initialize(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:431) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.config.PrimaryDataSourceConfig.finish(PrimaryDataSourceConfig.java:22) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              ... 18 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: liquibase.exception.LockException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Empty result set, expected one row
              at com.a...
  • ... ppiancorp.rdbms.common.schema.SchemaMigrator.migrate(SchemaMigrator.java:145) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
              at com.appiancorp.rdbms.hb.DataSourceManagerHbImpl.ensureSchema(DataSourceManagerHbImpl.java:627) [appian-rdbms.jar:]
  • Rama, Please check the configuration of Primary Data Source while installation. It seems not getting connection with Data Store
  • I have followed all the steps which they mentioned in the document. I am able to test the connection pool through the admin console of jboss. Not sure why I am ending up with this error? am I missing any steps as a part of of MySQL database creation?
  • You would need to focus on this particular error:
    02:59:12,328 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/suite]] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigurationLoader: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: An unexpected error occurred while trying to initialize and validate the primary data source. (APNX-1-4179-004)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: [java:/jdbc/Appian_primaryDS1] Error during schema migration.
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: liquibase.exception.LockException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Empty result set, expected one row
    Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Empty result set, expected one row

Do you know if the "Appian_primaryDS1" schema was manually modified was someone OR a row was deleted from the existing schema ?

Appian is expecting a row in this schema which is missing and that's why it's throwing the error we are seeing in the log.
  • Hi Tejas we have followed all the installation steps which are specified in the appian documentation we have not performed any deletion operations please help me to over come this issue
  • Which Appian version are you migrating from ?