All -This past weekend I attempted to upgrade from Appian 7.6 to 7.7. My install

All -This past weekend I attempted to upgrade from Appian 7.6 to 7.7. My installation has four Spring Security over-rides, 02, 03, 06 and 07. Appian started fine without the over-rides; however it balked when I started JBoss with the over-ride files in the <appian home>\\runtime_ear\\suite.ear\\web.war\\WEB-INF\\conf\\security directory. AE 7.6 works fine with the over-rides so I am suspecting a JBoss EAP 6.3 configuration. I didn't see anything in the documentation about changes that may require attention to spring-security-06-portal-post-auth-handlers. Has anyone else run into this issue? Can you refer me to any resources that may help with troubleshooting? Attached is the log.

application-server.log

OriginalPostID-138826

OriginalPostID-138826

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Always make sure you merge your customizations with the new Spring Security files; never bring the -override files as-is from old versions and drop them to a newer version. You should always create a copy of the new OOB file rename it and start merging your customizations.

In this case the root cause is:

No bean named 'passAuthenticationFailureHandler' is defined

it seems you are defining this anywhere but making reference to it. Search for this on 7.6 to find where you defined it.
  • Always make sure you merge your customizations with the new Spring Security files; never bring the -override files as-is from old versions and drop them to a newer version. You should always create a copy of the new OOB file rename it and start merging your customizations.

In this case the root cause is:

No bean named 'passAuthenticationFailureHandler' is defined

it seems you are defining this anywhere but making reference to it. Search for this on 7.6 to find where you defined it.
Children
No Data