Hello All, I have already configured Appian to Poll Additional Email

Hello All,

I have already configured Appian to Poll Additional Email Accounts with Jboss Application servers and same need to perform on weblogic application server.
We are using weblogic 12.1.2 as application server with Appian 7.8 and configuring Appian to Poll Additional Email Accounts.
I have configured all required parameters like
1. Enable Anonymous Access in custom.properties file
2. Enable public events on process models
3. Performed all setting related to JMS or other as per documentation for weblogic server
4. Enable logs in appian_log4j.properties
5. Correctly configured ejb-jar.xml file which is now reading the emails from mentioned email account.
6. configured conf.mailhandler.alias.emailaccountname=processmodeluuid0004cedf-a045-8000-234b-c0a8031014c0 in custom.properties where emailaccount name is same value is used in ejb-jar.xml with property userName first part like emailaccountname@domain.com

After this configurati...

OriginalPostID-142196

OriginalPostID-142196

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...on Appian application only able to read emails and cannot forward to destination PMUUID.
    Log are as below
    2015-03-20 06:53:42,063 [Appian EmailHandlerBean - 116806] ERROR com.appiancorp.mdb.EmailHandlerBean - Error receiving message in EmailHandlerBean MDB
    javax.mail.MessagingException: Message could not be sent;
    nested exception is:
    com.appiancorp.messaging.ProcessRouteMissingException: APNX-1-8001-001: No Process Routing Information Provided: Needs one of DestinationEventPersistentID, DestinationProcessID, DestinationPMID, DestinationPMUUID
    at com.appiancorp.messaging.MessagePublisherServiceImpl.publishMessageToProcess(MessagePublisherServiceImpl.java:492)

I have noticed some difference in file C:\\APPIAN_HOME\\ear\\suite.ear\\email-handler.jar\\META-INF\\jboss-ejb3.xml is pointing to correct value <r:resource-adapter-name>suite.ear#email-poller.rar</r:resource-adapter-name>.
    But for weblogic related file C:\\APPIAN_HOME\\ear\\suite.ear\\email-handler.jar\\META-INF\\we...
  • ...blogic-ejb-jar.xml is may be pointing to incorrect value
    <resource-adapter-jndi-name>eis/mail-poller</resource-adapter-jndi-name>

Anybody configured with weblogic earlier or can anyone suggest me correct configuration.
  • I can confirm this works and that the differences you mention between XMLs are fine and not a product issue.

Also keep in mind that for the emails to be routed they will need to have in the TO or CC the email address: emailaccountname.

This is how the Email Poller works:

1. Any email received in the inbox of emailaccountname will be polled
    2. First it will see if there's in the subject or body a key-value like [DestinationPMUUID=] [DestinationPMID=] , etc. If there is, then it's routed

2. If not then it will review each address in the CC and TO fields. If one of those addresses match the alias (emailaccountname) then it's routed
  • Thank you Eduardo for your detailed explanation. It works well now.