I am trying to install Appian 7.9 on WAS. getting below error. Can some one help

I am trying to install Appian 7.9 on WAS. getting below error. Can some one help me to understand where is the missing piece?

om.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler - Error getting credentials for Administrator
com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.exceptions.SafeRetryException: Unable to acquire a Read connection. Safe to retry.
at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.concurrent.Semaphore.acquireConnection(Semaphore.java:436)
at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.concurrent.ConcurrentPools.getReadConnection(ConcurrentPools.java:140)
at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.PoolManager.getReadConnection(PoolManager.java:313)
at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.KougarConnection.getConnection(KougarConnection.java:140)
at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.KougarConnection.call(KougarConnection.java:207)
at com.appiancorp.kougar.mapper.M...

OriginalPostID-153183

OriginalPostID-153183

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...apper.request(Mapper.java:63)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler$KInvocationHandler.invoke(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:178)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler$KougarMethodInvocation.proceed(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:270)
    at com.appiancorp.security.authz.AuthorizationMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuthorizationMethodInterceptor.java:54)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:307)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy108.getCredentials(Unknown Source)
    at com.appiancorp.ag.GroupServiceJavaImpl.getCredentials(GroupServiceJavaImpl.java:551)
    at com.appiancorp.ag.GroupServiceJavaImpl.getCachedCredentials(GroupServiceJavaImpl.java:577)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.re...
  • ...flect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler$JavaInvocationHandler.invoke(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:104)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler$KougarMethodInvocation.proceed(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:270)
    at com.appiancorp.security.authz.AuthorizationMethodInterceptor.invoke(AuthorizationMethodInterceptor.java:54)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:307)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy108.getCachedCredentials(Unknown Source)
    at com.appiancorp.services.AbstractServiceContext.getCredentials(AbstractServiceContext.java:236)
    at com.appiancorp.services.AbstractServiceContext.getKougarCre...
  • ... dentials(AbstractServiceContext.java:225)
    at com.appiancorp.kougar.services.KougarServiceInvocationHandler$KInvocationHandler.invoke(KougarServiceInvocationHandler.java:147)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy111.acceptWorkBulk(Unknown Source)
    at com.appiancorp.ra.workpoller.WorkServiceImpl.acceptWorkBulk(WorkServiceImpl.java:286)
    at com.appiancorp.ra.workpoller.WorkPoller.acceptWorkBulk(WorkPoller.java:301)
    at com.appiancorp.ra.workpoller.WorkPoller.run(WorkPoller.java:266)
    at com...
  • ... .ibm.ejs.j2c.work.WorkProxy.run(WorkProxy.java:668)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1862)
  • Can you please check all your appian engine are started properly or not ?
  • To verify you run:

servever/_scripts/diagnostic/checkengine
  • I apologize for the typo. It should be:

<APPIAN_HOME>\\server\\_scripts\\diagnostic\\checkengine
  • Did you find the root cause? I am getting the same error.. Eduardo, any update from your side on this? Ours is on Weblogic. Both are on the same server. I have verified both custom.properties file and topology.xml file and all seems right to me... Check engine returns all 16 engines...? Any other reason?
  • This error indicates the application server cannot connect to the Appian engines. Things to check:

1. That the application server can connect to the engine server based on its copy of appian-topology.xml.
    2. Make sure the ports from appian-topology.xml are open for the application server to communicate
    3. If deploying a security token (appian.sec) make sure the token matches on both servers. If there's a mismatch the APP_SERVER won't be able to communicate with the engines.
  • I configured Appian using ROOT user and then changed to another user. Some KDBs were created using root and some with the other user. Is that a problem? How do I recover from that problem? The engines are not starting now...