Hi, I am trying to run multiple jboss instances on same machine. I fo

Hi,

I am trying to run multiple jboss instances on same machine. I followed whatever was said in the forum regarding this. I ran both instances of jboss like this:
Instance1: standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=100
Instance2: standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=200

I tried a varied combination of different port offsets like 200, 300, 400,. 600, 800 etc...but it doesn't seem to start. Early when I had only one instance I was able to start Appian successfully. But right now I can't seem to start any of them. Please help on this. Attached are the server logs for both instances in a zip file....

server logs.zip

OriginalPostID-155378

OriginalPostID-155378

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are a couple different errors I see. In server-1 and server-2:

12:36:13,690 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 65) com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The search server cannot be reached. Failed to connect to server at [localhost:9300]. Check that the search server is started. If running multiple application servers, check that appian-topology.xml is properly configured with the search cluster details. The appian-topology.xml file must be distributed to each /ear/suite.ear/conf/ and /search-server/conf/ directory. See documentation for details. (APNX-1-4274-001)

Make sure you are starting the search server before starting either instance of JBoss. On server-1:

13:01:53,627 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBWEB003043: Error initializing endpoint: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind /0.0.0.0:8080

Could you explain the use case for running two JBoss instances on the same server? Are you trying to set up clustering?
  • There are a couple different errors I see. In server-1 and server-2:

12:36:13,690 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 65) com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The search server cannot be reached. Failed to connect to server at [localhost:9300]. Check that the search server is started. If running multiple application servers, check that appian-topology.xml is properly configured with the search cluster details. The appian-topology.xml file must be distributed to each /ear/suite.ear/conf/ and /search-server/conf/ directory. See documentation for details. (APNX-1-4274-001)

Make sure you are starting the search server before starting either instance of JBoss. On server-1:

13:01:53,627 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBWEB003043: Error initializing endpoint: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind /0.0.0.0:8080

Could you explain the use case for running two JBoss instances on the same server? Are you trying to set up clustering?
Children
No Data