Hi, I am trying to run multiple jboss instances on same machine. I fo

Hi,

I am trying to run multiple jboss instances on same machine. I followed whatever was said in the forum regarding this. I ran both instances of jboss like this:
Instance1: standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=100
Instance2: standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=200

I tried a varied combination of different port offsets like 200, 300, 400,. 600, 800 etc...but it doesn't seem to start. Early when I had only one instance I was able to start Appian successfully. But right now I can't seem to start any of them. Please help on this. Attached are the server logs for both instances in a zip file....

server logs.zip

OriginalPostID-155378

OriginalPostID-155378

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Also keep in mind the following:
    "If hostnames are used instead of IP addresses, it is required that the hostname on each machine resolve to a non-lookback IP address that other machines can use to contact the host. For example, ss1.domain.tld must not resolve to 127.0.0.1 on that machine, since the search server broadcasts both the hostname and IP address, as resolved on that machine, when establishing a cluster with other nodes."

localhost is a lookback address.
  • Also keep in mind the following:
    "If hostnames are used instead of IP addresses, it is required that the hostname on each machine resolve to a non-lookback IP address that other machines can use to contact the host. For example, ss1.domain.tld must not resolve to 127.0.0.1 on that machine, since the search server broadcasts both the hostname and IP address, as resolved on that machine, when establishing a cluster with other nodes."

localhost is a lookback address.
Children
No Data