I am installing Appian 7.10. Installation has been successfully validated and de

I am installing Appian 7.10. Installation has been successfully validated and deployed using configure script. But when I start JBoss, I get many errors. One of the errors in the application server logs is as follows. I have encoded the data source password to be used for JBoss configuration.

Also note that, search server and appian engines have started perfectly.

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: PBOX000016: Access denied: authentication failed
          at org.jboss.security.plugins.JBossSecuritySubjectFactory.createSubject(JBossSecuritySubjectFactory.java:84)
          at org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.AbstractConnectionManager.getSubject(AbstractConnectionManager.java:735)
          at org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.AbstractConnectionManager.allocateConnection(AbstractConnectionManager.java:509)
          at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:143)
          at org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionPr...

application-server.log

OriginalPostID-172920

OriginalPostID-172920

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The error is showing an authentication failure, there's no other cause for this error other than a password issue (wrong, expired, or invalid-characters)

Here's my suggestion

0. Review the output of the encoder. Usually the encoded password has a minus - sign at the beginning and I don't see that's in your appian-ds.xml. Double check you've copied everything from the encoded string including any signs such as -

1. Update appian-ds.xml to use plain-text password for testing purposes

Instead of

<security>
    <security-domain>ds-name-security-sqlserver</security-domain>
    <!-- <user-name>appian</user-name>
    <password>appian</password>-->
    </security>

Use

<security>
    <user-name>appian</user-name>
    <password>appian</password>
    </security>

2. If that works, we now the plain-text is fine and the issue is the encoded one

3. Encode the password again and double check is the same as in standalone.xml as explained in step #0

4. If it's the same then review the plain text password for any particular characters such as $ and change it in the database to be different so that it doesn't use the $. Use this new password (encode it again..etc) and see if that sign was the issue
  • The error is showing an authentication failure, there's no other cause for this error other than a password issue (wrong, expired, or invalid-characters)

Here's my suggestion

0. Review the output of the encoder. Usually the encoded password has a minus - sign at the beginning and I don't see that's in your appian-ds.xml. Double check you've copied everything from the encoded string including any signs such as -

1. Update appian-ds.xml to use plain-text password for testing purposes

Instead of

<security>
    <security-domain>ds-name-security-sqlserver</security-domain>
    <!-- <user-name>appian</user-name>
    <password>appian</password>-->
    </security>

Use

<security>
    <user-name>appian</user-name>
    <password>appian</password>
    </security>

2. If that works, we now the plain-text is fine and the issue is the encoded one

3. Encode the password again and double check is the same as in standalone.xml as explained in step #0

4. If it's the same then review the plain text password for any particular characters such as $ and change it in the database to be different so that it doesn't use the $. Use this new password (encode it again..etc) and see if that sign was the issue
Children
No Data