The Appian 17.1 Installation failed - quite a few questions on the Quick Installation Guide

Dear Appian community,

I just installed Appian latest verison (17.1) on my Windows laptop and installed Appian (including JBoss, MySQL) and started Appian and JBoss server.

There are multiple issues with the install, and I have installed it multiple times (like 5 times) on the two Windows 7 laptops.
1. I am following the Windows Quick Start guide as part of the 17.1 Appian installation guide.
docs.appian.com/.../Quick_Start_Installation_Guide_for_Windows_and_JBoss.html

In the document:
>>Create an Initial System Administrator Account
>> In order to create Appian users in the Administration Console, you will need to create a system administrator account at start-up.

>>In the <REPO_HOME>\\ear\\suite.ear\\conf directory, make a copy of passwords.properties.example and rename it to passwords.properties...

OriginalPostID-270111

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • For the password.properties issue, you can create any user account that you'd like as long as it adheres to Appian's requirements for creating a user. This is a bootstrap user which is user to access the admin console once installed. You should be modifying the password.properties.<env> file when doing this (env being whatever name you gave when you registered the repo).

Can you attach your jboss log to see what other issues may be present?
  • For the password.properties issue, you can create any user account that you'd like as long as it adheres to Appian's requirements for creating a user. This is a bootstrap user which is user to access the admin console once installed. You should be modifying the password.properties.<env> file when doing this (env being whatever name you gave when you registered the repo).

Can you attach your jboss log to see what other issues may be present?
Children
No Data