Developer comments

Please let me know if there any problem for adding the developer comments in SAIL . I heard that its against the best practice.

It would be nice if would be nice if some one could provide me what are the best practice in Developer comments

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I don't know why anyone would think Developer Comments were not best practice. Commenting code is a must to explain the why and the what of the code when the code in itself is not self-explanatory. The principle is that you should put yourself in the shoes of someone else who is seeing your code for the first time and what they might find useful in order to maintain it. Think what you would like to see if you were looking at some new code for the first time and then leave the comments you'd like to see.

• I don't know why anyone would think Developer Comments were not best practice. Commenting code is a must to explain the why and the what of the code when the code in itself is not self-explanatory. The principle is that you should put yourself in the shoes of someone else who is seeing your code for the first time and what they might find useful in order to maintain it. Think what you would like to see if you were looking at some new code for the first time and then leave the comments you'd like to see.

Children