Best Practices to improve performance of each appian object

May I know some set Best Practices to be followed to improve the performance of the application(all Appian objects) because I had a scenario where main landing page is taking 20 seconds to load on site

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

1. Especially for the looping functions... need to modify. If you are using IF() or nested IF conditions for multiple if ... try to change it to Choose() function.

2. Make sure, you are not hitting the DB multiple times in Interface, Expression rules or other objects.

3. Use Paging and filtering on record. Do not load all the items in one go.

4. Do not create any unnecessary groups, expression rules, interfaces or other objects which are not used in your application.

Will add more if I found... thank you.

• Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

1. Especially for the looping functions... need to modify. If you are using IF() or nested IF conditions for multiple if ... try to change it to Choose() function.

2. Make sure, you are not hitting the DB multiple times in Interface, Expression rules or other objects.

3. Use Paging and filtering on record. Do not load all the items in one go.

4. Do not create any unnecessary groups, expression rules, interfaces or other objects which are not used in your application.

Will add more if I found... thank you.

Children
No Data