Asynchronous Sub-Process vs Start Process Smart Service

Certified Lead Developer

In what situations would any of you use an asynchronous sub-process as opposed to the start process smart service.  Based on my understanding, because the smart service will better balance the execution engines without any other negative impacts - I don't see the scenario where I would ever use an asynchronous sub-process.  Can someone please elaborate if there is something that I may be missing?

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Certified Senior Developer

If you want to have more control over performance, use a start process. If performance is not an issue, but you would like to have quicker and easier access to your sub-process instances - for example, for testing purposes - I recommend choosing an asynchronous sub-process.

EX:
    Asynchronous sub-process:
    If you want to send a notification to your supervisor use
    asynchronous sub-process.

Asynchronous Start Process:
    unlike above if you want to get an approval from you supervisor
    use start process. A start process is another tool that will allow you to initiate a new process from your main process.

• Certified Senior Developer

If you want to have more control over performance, use a start process. If performance is not an issue, but you would like to have quicker and easier access to your sub-process instances - for example, for testing purposes - I recommend choosing an asynchronous sub-process.

EX:
    Asynchronous sub-process:
    If you want to send a notification to your supervisor use
    asynchronous sub-process.

Asynchronous Start Process:
    unlike above if you want to get an approval from you supervisor
    use start process. A start process is another tool that will allow you to initiate a new process from your main process.

Children
No Data