Create CDT with document type as one field

Hi Everyone ,

i need to create a CDT having one  field type of appian Document (www.appian.com/.../2009) and and few other fields. 

The autofill is not showing up the document type , then i directly modified the xsd and created new version , then i am getting error as below

"XSD Parsing Message: XSD: Type reference 'www.appian.com/.../2009 is unresolved (APNX-2-4047-000)" and the new created cdt holds the type as "Content Document" .

Could you please help what need to be done to create a cdt of this type if possible to create.

Thanks
Rajesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    We generally store and reference the Appian Id of the document, not the document itself. This can be done by adding an integer to your CDT.
  • Hi Josh,
    Thanks for the answer and time. I agree we store the the document and have the appian id for integer. For the rule input , the type can be of type Document , but not for CDT - any thoughts for not having it? . My requirement was to have an array of documents with additional properties of readonly or custom name or custom id or owner etc. So i tried to create a CDT with all the required fields which represent one object of custom document and have this used as an array for multiple file uploads . if if have any similar code snippet , it will be really helpful.
    Thanks
    Rajesh
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajeshr701
    Rajesh,

Passing in a Document Id to a rule input of type Document will work. For example, if I have a rule that takes in a Document and a CDT that has a reference to the document, I would have something like "rule!myRule(document: ri!myCDT.appianDocId)"

A generic document CDT could be something like: documentId (Primary Key), appianDocId, owner, readOnly, etc.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rajeshr701
    Rajesh,

Passing in a Document Id to a rule input of type Document will work. For example, if I have a rule that takes in a Document and a CDT that has a reference to the document, I would have something like "rule!myRule(document: ri!myCDT.appianDocId)"

A generic document CDT could be something like: documentId (Primary Key), appianDocId, owner, readOnly, etc.
Children
No Data