Unable to Insert smileys in database using Write to multiple data store entities

Hello,

I have a requirement to store smileys in Database(SQL server). A user enters a value in a paragraph field and insert some smileys along with text, It is a free text field.

When I tried to store the user entered value in Database using "Write to data store entity" smart service then it get stored successfully in DB but when I tried to store the same value into the same table using "Write to multiple Data Store entities" smart service then I am getting below error:

XML handling failure trying to convert value EntityData [entity=DataStoreEntityRef[id=02377f7c-84c4-4948-9170-470ec382075e@22976, uuid=null], data=[TypedValue[it=3921,v={7,via Multiple data store }]]] to Appian type EntityData (id=2134).

I can store values in DB using "Write to data store entity" Smart service but I want to know why the same case can't be handled with "Write to multiple Data Store entities".

Suggestion much appreciated!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Are you talking about actual icons? Because if you are, I do not think Appian can do this.

All input text fields are plain text while I believe the icon functionality is enabled only with rich text, which you cannot use as an input field.

If the 'Write to Data Store Entity' node is working while the 'Write to Multiple Data Store Entities' is not, why don't you use multiple 'Write to Data Store Entity' nodes?

• Are you talking about actual icons? Because if you are, I do not think Appian can do this.

All input text fields are plain text while I believe the icon functionality is enabled only with rich text, which you cannot use as an input field.

If the 'Write to Data Store Entity' node is working while the 'Write to Multiple Data Store Entities' is not, why don't you use multiple 'Write to Data Store Entity' nodes?

Children
  • Sanjay

Kinldy fist check the implementation done by me and umesh for storing actual icons in Db using input text field in above comments . Just for your information we can store these icons in Db using input field if databse schema settings are configured properly.
    Why I can’t use Multiple “Write to Data Store Entity” :
    Consistency :Lets say If you want to update data in 7-8 tables then using Write to Multiple data store entity you can have all data store entities updated within the same transaction. This way, if an error occurs while writing to one of them, the others entities will not update either - leaving the data in a consistent state as if they were never modified.