a!queryEntity: An error occurred while retrieving the data

Hi All,

I am trying to retrieve data from DB by using query entity. I am able to fetch 10,000 records beyond that I am getting "a!queryEntity: An error occurred while retrieving the data".

I have more than 18000 records in my table which I need to display in a paging grid with filter options. I have check the performance of my view at DB end. It is not even taking 1 second to execute that view not sure why with query entity is not able to fetch all records. When in my paging info I am giving batchsize more that 10000 or -1, it gives me the error below this, it is working fine. Not sure if query Entity has limitation in fetching number of rows.

Please share, if I can use some other way to fetch all the records from DB and use in my interface.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards

Anusha  

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anushaj,

Did you get a chance to look in to logs to see what is the exact error message that is written in log.
    The above error message is a generic one any how in your case you are querying more than 10,000 rows so these are the two possible cases.
    1. Property where the default time out configured for query in custom.properties file
    conf.data.query.timeout=10
    2.property where the default memory size to hold the data in the application server configured in custom.properties file.
    conf.data.query.memory.limit=1048576 i.e. 1 MB

Though you have 18,000 records in your DB, pulling 10,000 records at a time and displaying in grid will not be a good idea,
    you can pull the less amount of records in batches example 50 or 100 and when user navigates through pagination then try to pull the next set of records. in this way the we can take care of performance.
  • Hi Chandu,

Thanks for your reply.

Request you to share some sample code snippet if possible for pulling next set of records when user tries to navigate. And I have to give filter options as well.
Reply Children