Seconds field is not updating for datetime field in Database.

Certified Senior Developer

I have a datetime field as "2018-11-08T11:23:34+0000". I want to add this to database in a datetime type column. I'm using totime("11:23:34") but the 'seconds' field always showing '00'. How do I update 'seconds' field in database?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    The time() function works perfectly, you just need to split out the different parts of the string, which you can do with the split() function.

See example I just got working in a try it now box on the documentation site: (note: I use integers in the example)

concat(hour(time(11,23,34)), ":", minute(time(11,23,34)), ":", second(time(11,23,34))) which renders 11:23:34 as a string

Though it normally doesn't output the seconds in the string it returns by default, they are stored in there for you to extract using the second() function.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis
    For making sure the database works properly, you may want to try keeping the hours, minutes, and seconds separate until you get to the DB write part. Also, be sure to check the XSD of the CDT you're saving to the database to make sure the format for the column is right, and the CDT and DB aren't at crossed purposes.
  • Hi  if you just try to write the datetime string to a datetime column in DB, you can do something like separate the date and the time from the input string, then do todate([date])+totime([time]). Now it becomes a datetime in Appian and you can assign it to a CDT field and write to DB like normal (if you just use todatetime([entire string]) Appian will set "seconds" value to 0)

Hope this help

•  Appian datetime and MySQL datetime formats are different so I suggest writing an expression rule to cast Appian datetime to MySQL's "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" format. You might have to modify the provided code to suit your needs.

load(
      local!dt: now(),
      local!AppianDateTimeString: tostring(
        local!dt
      ),
      /* MySQL retrieves and displays DATETIME
      values in 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS' format */
      local!MySQLDateTimeString: joinarray(
        {
          /* Date string */
          joinarray(
            {