Seconds field is not updating for datetime field in Database.

Certified Senior Developer

I have a datetime field as "2018-11-08T11:23:34+0000". I want to add this to database in a datetime type column. I'm using totime("11:23:34") but the 'seconds' field always showing '00'. How do I update 'seconds' field in database?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    The time() function works perfectly, you just need to split out the different parts of the string, which you can do with the split() function.

See example I just got working in a try it now box on the documentation site: (note: I use integers in the example)

concat(hour(time(11,23,34)), ":", minute(time(11,23,34)), ":", second(time(11,23,34))) which renders 11:23:34 as a string

Though it normally doesn't output the seconds in the string it returns by default, they are stored in there for you to extract using the second() function.
    Certified Lead Developer
    The time() function works perfectly, you just need to split out the different parts of the string, which you can do with the split() function.

See example I just got working in a try it now box on the documentation site: (note: I use integers in the example)

concat(hour(time(11,23,34)), ":", minute(time(11,23,34)), ":", second(time(11,23,34))) which renders 11:23:34 as a string

Though it normally doesn't output the seconds in the string it returns by default, they are stored in there for you to extract using the second() function.
Children