write to data store enitity

Problem:  An error occurred in executing an Activity Class.

Details:  An error occurred while trying to write to the entity "AX_Maintenance" [id=2ec391d4-a462-4e0e-92e4-b01ad2475087@3690, type=AX_Maintenance (id=3836)] (data store: AX Data Store). Details: org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: AXMaintenanceDT4830.vehicleid Data: TypedValue[it=3836,v={<null>,<null>,2021-11-25,0,o,Scheduled,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,srinivas.talasu@tcs.com,,,,2021-11-26,srinivas.talasu@tcs.com,2021-11-26,<null>}]

Recommended Action:  Examine the activity class to correct the error and then resume.

I am getting this error when I add details and storing it in data store. Can anyone help me to identify activity class

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • I am having a similar issue.

Details of my error: "An error occurred while trying to write to the entity "AX_Maintenance" [id=a715498b-834b-4663-914f-c2b5b2246cf3@3764, type=AX_Maintenance (id=3832)] (data store: AX Data Store). Details: org.hibernate.PropertyValueException: not-null property references a null or transient value: AXMaintenanceDT4982.vehicleID Data: TypedValue[it=3832,v={<null>,<null>,2022-01-28,0,test,Scheduled,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>"

Process Model:

Process Model

It looks like the issue is leading back to the AX_Maintenance Data Type that was created as part of Exercise 9 in the Appian Developer course - same exercise where this process model is later created.

This Data Type is used for two interfaces and connected to a Data Store as well.

Not sure where to go with this - wondering if something in the AX_Maintenance Data Type is causing the issue. Went back through some of the previous instructions to make sure I had everything but am still getting the issue.

Tried running through process for debugging multiple times taking different nodes to get to Write to Maintenance Entity but am still getting stuck at that node. 

I don't have enough experience to add much more, but this is what I have observed.

Children