How to have Record Level Security for my Appian Application?

Hi, 

I have a use case where while updating an already created Form, I want to limit the user to only update a particular attribute / field in the form where the rest shows as "Read-Only"

For example, in the above case, I want to give an access to only update the Ownership % for particular users, and rest fields be "read-only".

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Atishay,

You can directly apply this logic in the individual component's readonly or disabled property. You can check if the loggedInUser() is a part of a specific group, then only these fields should be enabled. Else, you can show when disabled. Or vice versa. 

You can also include checks like if this is an update action. If you are using the same interface for create and update actions, then you can have an additional RI to pass if this interface is being opened in context to updating. Something like isUpdate. Pass true in it while using in related action (update), and false when passing in action (create).

• Hi Atishay,

You can directly apply this logic in the individual component's readonly or disabled property. You can check if the loggedInUser() is a part of a specific group, then only these fields should be enabled. Else, you can show when disabled. Or vice versa. 

You can also include checks like if this is an update action. If you are using the same interface for create and update actions, then you can have an additional RI to pass if this interface is being opened in context to updating. Something like isUpdate. Pass true in it while using in related action (update), and false when passing in action (create).

Children