How to have Record Level Security for my Appian Application?

Hi, 

I have a use case where while updating an already created Form, I want to limit the user to only update a particular attribute / field in the form where the rest shows as "Read-Only"

For example, in the above case, I want to give an access to only update the Ownership % for particular users, and rest fields be "read-only".

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You can create an additional rule input of boolean type say ri!isRelatedAction. Within the related action interface pass this boolean as true. And in the interface set readonly as ri!isRelatedAction against all the form fields except Ownership %. 

If you already have readonly set to some variable or value then have the newly created rule input within an or() function. like  

readOnly:or(ri!readOnly,ri!isRelatedAction)

Next, check the dependents of this interface and pass false for the value against ri!isRelatedAction. So that in all other places the change doesn't cause any other regression issues.

Certified Lead Developer

You can create an additional rule input of boolean type say ri!isRelatedAction. Within the related action interface pass this boolean as true. And in the interface set readonly as ri!isRelatedAction against all the form fields except Ownership %. 

If you already have readonly set to some variable or value then have the newly created rule input within an or() function. like  

readOnly:or(ri!readOnly,ri!isRelatedAction)

Next, check the dependents of this interface and pass false for the value against ri!isRelatedAction. So that in all other places the change doesn't cause any other regression issues.

Children