Can I still access synced data from record type offline?

Certified Associate Developer

I'm trying to review data offline for a scenario if user was to go to a location without internet connection but still wants to be able to review his data.

Can I populate a grid field with the data from a record type that has data synced or do I no longer have access since I'm offline? In documentation it mentions to load everything onto a local variable and access the data from the variable. But by doing this I'm having trouble making user filters when using the local variable instead of the record type.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi there,

To use the user filters, you will have to again query data from Appian's server (in case of synced) and from the source (in ordinary case). Therefore the filtering will not be straightforward as I know. What you can do is to filter the data based on some predefined conditions and then let the user apply the filter in offline mode where you will have to add further processing in the variables themselves using a set of expressions. 

One classic example of It is, to iterate through the list and set null where the data does not passes the filter criteria and pass fv!item where it does. Then reject all the null values and you have the filtered data in a variable. 

in reply to Harshit Bumb (Appyzie)

Thanks for you response. I was thinking along the same lines but it gets tricky because when I iterate through the data with a foreach function I can't access the values i get an error: must be indexed by its corresponding record type fields or relationships

a!forEach(local!data, fv!item[1])
    so instead of the 1 inside the square brackets of fv!item I'm suppose to use the record type but that won't work since it will be offline. Do you no of another way to get the values so I may check it with the filter criteria?

Also the data is queried from the recordtype and saved to a localvariable as data before the user loses connection.

in reply to ericm0013

Nvm, I cast the data to my my CDT with a!listType to make it workable with.