Record type related actions wizard and CDT with nested field

Certified Lead Developer

I have a Field CDT which has a fieldTypeId column defined as a nested FieldType CDT. The Field CDT is mapped to a field db table which has a field_type_id field, defined as INT4. 

I created a Field record type, based on the field db table. The fieldTypeId column is recognized as a Number in record type Data Model configuration.

When I try to create a record list action (CREATE) using available related action wizard, the Field record type does not recognize the available Field CDT as a compatible CDT and wants to create a new Field1 CDT, which has a fieldTypeId column defined as a number and not as a nested FieldType CDT.

As all appian tutorials and documentation recommend using nested CDTs as a type on a CDT which has 1:1 and N:1 relationships (related columns), how to tell the record type related action wizard to use already defined CDTs with nested CDT columns? Am I missing something or this is a normal behavior? Should I let the wizard create new CDT which should be switched manually to the CDT with a nested CDT column?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible