Record type related actions wizard and CDT with nested field

Certified Lead Developer

I have a Field CDT which has a fieldTypeId column defined as a nested FieldType CDT. The Field CDT is mapped to a field db table which has a field_type_id field, defined as INT4. 

I created a Field record type, based on the field db table. The fieldTypeId column is recognized as a Number in record type Data Model configuration.

When I try to create a record list action (CREATE) using available related action wizard, the Field record type does not recognize the available Field CDT as a compatible CDT and wants to create a new Field1 CDT, which has a fieldTypeId column defined as a number and not as a nested FieldType CDT.

As all appian tutorials and documentation recommend using nested CDTs as a type on a CDT which has 1:1 and N:1 relationships (related columns), how to tell the record type related action wizard to use already defined CDTs with nested CDT columns? Am I missing something or this is a normal behavior? Should I let the wizard create new CDT which should be switched manually to the CDT with a nested CDT column?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Mislavu,
    I tried copy your issue and i think i found it. I created a "field" cdt in advance and published it in a data store.

Two solutions to your issue:
    1.) create your record actions manually

2. create the DB table and sync the DB Table to your CDT and afterwards use this automated related action creation feature. 

But yeah, I miss a manual option to deselect it or select another CDT here. I has nothing to do with "nested" or not "nested" in my opinion.

Kind regards,
    Richard

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Richard Michaelis

Hi Richard,

thank you for a hint. 

However, the wizard sometimes offer an option to change to another CDT if there is a compatible type (if I used it for CDTs without nested columns I had this option and I was able to use the already defined CDT, actually the wizard found it as already avialable). Now I only have the rename option.

What I did is let the wizard define the new CDT, new constant, new process, etc and I manually switched the CDT in each newly created object.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to mislavu0001

ah got your point.
    "for science" purpose I just created the field1 cdt. the cdt itself was fine and it was created properly with the nested CDT field even.

interesting. But yeah perhaps something we can foward to appian. Perhaps a bug? perhaps on purpose. But anyways it would be an improvement in my opinion

Reply Children