related actions and record actions in record, is there any limit?

how many related actions and record actions can be added in record, is there any limit?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

The question is, if it is useful from a certain point to have huge numbers accessible for every user. Related actions can be hidden/shown depending on the showWhen conditions of the related actions

• I think it would be unusual for a large number of related actions to be concurrently visible for a given user for any given state of a record. Yes, it's possible but usually we design the related actions as proxies for "the next thing a User needs to do". Usually (but not always) there is one required next thing for them to do. There maybe any number of other "elective" things you can do (e.g. 'Cancel this Order' which could come at any time during an order fulfilment process). What I have done in the past is to segregate the 'required' "Next Action(s)" from the 'elective' "Action(s)" so that they're not all in one menu list.

in reply to Stewart Burchell

"the next thing a User needs to do"
    i have a different mindset on that.
    It feels like overthinking related actions.
    reason: A related action triggers an action, which should be performed for that specific item. not necessarily for that item. usually embedded in certain business contexts which makes sense, but its not necessarily the next step in line as it can be something like "add note", "reopen case", "lock case", "change case assignment" etc. 

in reply to Stewart Burchell

"the next thing a User needs to do"
    i have a different mindset on that.
    It feels like overthinking related actions.
    reason: A related action triggers an action, which should be performed for that specific item. not necessarily for that item. usually embedded in certain business contexts which makes sense, but its not necessarily the next step in line as it can be something like "add note", "reopen case", "lock case", "change case assignment" etc. 

Children