Appian DB Connection Issue

Hi,

Recently I have deployed a new application to Production environment. But facing DB connectivity issue. But there is no problem regarding DB connection at lower environment.

I have created the Data Source at Admin Console and here it shows Test Successful. The Screenshot:

But when I am trying to verify the Data Store, it is not able to connect to DB. The Screenshot:

Can anyone please help me regarding this DB connectivity issue?

Pertinently I like to inform you the a few days ago the connection was successful and in-between nothing was changed related to configuration or not any further deployment was done in production.

Thanks,

Surajit Sen

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer

- I think this is happening because of your data source name. Below are the 2 options

1) Please update the data source similar to your lower environments and try to verify

or 2)Please manually update the datasource name and verify

note: if we have different data source name of different regions then sometimes  this kind of issue will showup. So try to have same datasource name across all environments.

Please let me know incase of any challenges.

• Thank you Baratc for your suggestion.

Yes the Data Source name is different in lower environ. I tried it by changing the Data Source name and then I have able to verify the Data Store. The Screenshot:

But now apart from Employee table I am able to connect to other entities. While trying to make any query to Employee entity, I am getting the following error:

Can you please help me regarding this? Is it something related to the permission related problem?

• Hi Baratc,

DB Connection problem not yet been solved. DB Connectivity to Appian quite unstable. One thing I have noticed that when this problem arises then,

if we go to Admin Console and check the corresponding Data Source by clicking "Test Connection" button then it shows "Test Successful". Then we have to click the "Save" button of the Data Source.

Next step is that we have to open the Data Store from Appian Designer and have to re-verify it and then Save it. This time it becomes successful.

Now the application is again able to connect to DB and starts working fine. Later when again this problem arises then I do the same thing and after that it starts working again.

It seems that something is happening to the Data Source at Admin Console with an interval.

Can you please help me regarding this? 

What might be the root cause of it?

Thanks,
    Surajit Sen

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to surajits

Please let me know whether you deployed datastore/any new CDT. If you deploy the datastore with different name from UAT to Prod then you wlll see this issue. Can you pls check. 

• No, I deploy the datastore with same name from UAT to Prod. Bothe are same and also I did not added any new CDT.

One thing I like to inform you and it is also quite surprising to me because when I click TEST CONNECTION button of Data Source in Admin console then it shows Connection Successful and after that SAVE button got enabled. If I click the SAVE button, then the connection is re-established at the application end, and it starts working and after some time the same issue appears. If I continue the same steps with Data Source then again it starts working. Is there any problem at our Appian Prod Environment?

Kindly help. It is very long pending issue and also not able to get any solution from Appian Support.