Filters on Record Type data by its length

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, 

I am using a Record Type, and it has years of existing data. Unfortunately, the active data is identified by the length of the column name "uniqueFieldId", which is a text value so there is no consistency. Note, this is not a primary key in the table. The active field length must be 5 characters long. Anything greater or less is not considered active. Since it has years of existing data, we do not want to insert a new column, as I was thinking the easiest solution would be run a sql inserting an isActive column and then running the filter on it. 

Now, my requirement is to use a record type, and filter the data. I am unsure how I can use record filters to ignore data by the length of the characters in the uniqueFieldId.

The record type is then being used in a readonly grid. A gist of the code below, the aggregation below is necessary as there are other fields and calculations I am doing using relationships to this record type. 

In a gist, is there a way, I can filter a column data by its length. 

Code - 

a!queryRecordType(

recordType: recordType!DataTest,

fields: {

a!aggregationFields(

groupings: a!grouping(

field: recordType!DataTest.Relationship.DataTest2.UniqueFieldId,

alias: "UniqueFieldId"

)

)

}

)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mathieu Drouin

Actually it worked today! I am unsure why it kept giving me the pink screen yesterday. I was trying to do the same. It kept giving me the error, unsure if it was maybe not synced, I am unable to reproduce the error - "a!queryRecordType, the filters does not exist on the queried record type. Only fields from the queried record type are allowed to be filter" 

Anyways, thank You for the help Mathieu!

Children
No Data