The input “Records” must refer to record types with data sync enabled that use a database as the source. Received (*The record Type Name which is related to the the record given in Input)

Certified Senior Developer

Process: In Process Model, there is a ui task in which a main record is getting stored, now after this node there is an xor
The problem which I'm getting is in write to Records node after the xor, I have to write related record data of main record, I have configured in the input node and I'm getting the error 'The input “Records” must refer to record types with data sync enabled that use a database as the source. Received (*The record Type Name which is related to the the record given in Input)'

the process will repeat based on xor, for 3 times it worked fine, got error in 4th time

The source is db and is sync enabled.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • In 24.1 and 24.2, will relaxing the constraint to ignore different data source records result in the error message not appearing as well as the record relationship being maintained appropriately, or will ignoring different data source records mean that record relationships cannot be maintained between records with different data sources?

• For additional context, our dev environment is on 23.4. We're getting errors when trying to write Synced Records when they have a relationship with a Record with a different Data Source. We're trying to implement a workaround but our environment will be updated soon to 24.2. When attempting to do a workaround, however, I've encountered this error in the writeRecord smart service process node: 

The input "Records" cannot insert or update a record which is referring to different referenced records via relatedRecordId at the same time. To create a reference to a related record, include either a relationship reference or the required common field value for "relatedRecordId". Location of conflicting changes: (our record name)	

relatedRecordId is the name of the field that the record relationship is based on in our base record. This error message makes it sound like even if the constraint is relaxed that record relationships might not be maintained if the relationship reference cannot be included in the write