Syncing Third Party Updates to a series of Database Tables

We have a series of Records configured in one large relationship structure (50 + record types).  A third party process retrieves data from a SOAP webservice, extracts pertinent data and using a series of stored procedures inserts that into the database.

Is there a way to capture those new entries and sync them into my records without having to examine 50 tables and perform 50 Sync Record operations?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

You already run a stored procedure that could keep track of all the updates. Why not write these to a separate table. Then a scheduled process in Appian could manage these update by syncing the modified records.

• I see two streams of relatively tedious work:
    1) Identifying the changes.

2) Synching the changes.  

I think there are ways to short-path the first one, either through a tracking table updated by the stored procedures, or a view that is aware of Appian's last poll and shows the keys that have been added since last poll.

Part two is where I think Appian could provide a lift.

From our perspective, there are only a peak of 120 updates a month,  but the data model is terribly distributed.  Even having something that synchs the records based on the top-level parent, and transcends the relationships to synch children or reference tables.

• I see two streams of relatively tedious work:
    1) Identifying the changes.

2) Synching the changes.  

I think there are ways to short-path the first one, either through a tracking table updated by the stored procedures, or a view that is aware of Appian's last poll and shows the keys that have been added since last poll.

Part two is where I think Appian could provide a lift.

From our perspective, there are only a peak of 120 updates a month,  but the data model is terribly distributed.  Even having something that synchs the records based on the top-level parent, and transcends the relationships to synch children or reference tables.

Children
No Data