I am trying to create a list view for a record that allows me to use the search

I am trying to create a list view for a record that allows me to use the search functionality to search for a specific date. I am currently using concat(rf!title, if(false,concat(rf!otherDatapoints,rf!otherDatapoints2),"") to allow the search function to search for variables that are not displayed in the title. Even with the date in the title, I cannot search for it. No matter how I try to manipulate the date variable(change to string, split by "/" and turn to string) coming into the list view via entity, I am still unable to search for the date. The search functionality works for every other field I am bringing in via entity, but the only one Appian cannot find is the date. Is there anyway to to enable search by date for a list view or a way to manipulate the date to allow the variable to be searched on?

OriginalPostID-151425

OriginalPostID-151425

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    It's possible to do this but it's a bit long-winded.

Create a view that contains a column that formats the dates as text but that otherwise matches the entity you currently use for the record list view, then build a CDT and data entity against that view that matches the entity you're currently using for the record and has the text-formatted date mapped as a text field.

Next, change the list view to use the new entity that is mapped to the view, and use the if(false... workaround you mention to add the date as a searchable text field. This way, if the view formats the date as 04/06/2015 then a search for "04/06" should be returned in the results.

You could do this with multiple columns (within reason and making sure you consider performance) that format the date in different ways - say day, month name, year and so on and then use the concat() workaround to make those aspects searchable.

Making such a view is also a good opportunity to return only the minimum of data required for searching and displaying within the record list view; remove any unnecessary columns and you may see a small performance increase as less data is returned when rendering the list view.
    Certified Lead Developer
    It's possible to do this but it's a bit long-winded.

Create a view that contains a column that formats the dates as text but that otherwise matches the entity you currently use for the record list view, then build a CDT and data entity against that view that matches the entity you're currently using for the record and has the text-formatted date mapped as a text field.

Next, change the list view to use the new entity that is mapped to the view, and use the if(false... workaround you mention to add the date as a searchable text field. This way, if the view formats the date as 04/06/2015 then a search for "04/06" should be returned in the results.

You could do this with multiple columns (within reason and making sure you consider performance) that format the date in different ways - say day, month name, year and so on and then use the concat() workaround to make those aspects searchable.

Making such a view is also a good opportunity to return only the minimum of data required for searching and displaying within the record list view; remove any unnecessary columns and you may see a small performance increase as less data is returned when rendering the list view.
Children
No Data