I have implemented Related Actions in Records. The related actions are part of m

I have implemented Related Actions in Records. The related actions are part of main process flow of case. Different related actions are available at different stages of case.
The problem is, for any status, the user goes to record and click on related actions. He work on the form and submit. The summary view again appears after hitting submit button but No information is updated in summary view.
In related action process model, information has been updated and the status also.

Another part is that user is still able to see the related action which was available earlier, related to previous status.

Any idea how I can work on it so that updated information should appear after hitting submit button in User Input Task in related action ?
Any solution so that previous related action should not appear after the change of status?
The records are Entity Backed.

Thanks in advance

OriginalPostID-169275

OriginalPostID-169275

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi vipin,
    1) Related action can be hided based on condition. While configuring related action in "visibility" field write a condition when to show and when to hide.
    2) From Related actions, after submitted the form, user will be redirected to summary dashboard. To see the updated values, user has to refresh the dashboard.
  • Rahul is correct. If this were a process backed record, I believe you would see the changes reflected immediately after the user completest the related action. However, because you are using an entity backed record the user will have to refresh the page after completing the related action to see the changes.
  • I have applied proper security on visibility. The point is that dashboard and related action is not getting refreshed after submitting the form. Is there a way to do that ?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi,
    Try chaining through the node that writes the updated information to the database to a "Confirmation" user input task. That way when the user closes this Confirmation task and returns to the summary dashboard, all information is guaranteed to be updated in the database and correctly displayed to the user.
  • @vipins Hi, here goes the answers to your questions:

Any idea how I can work on it so that updated information should appear after hitting submit button in User Input Task in related action ?
    To the best of my knowledge, 'user has to refresh the dashboard' as stated by other users might not be true always. First you could try to implement the approach specified by Appian - 'After a user submits a related action that was started from a record view, he/she is taken back to the record view. If you want that record view to immediately reflect any data changes resulting from the related action, add an activity chain between the related action form and the data persistence nodes. If you do this, the record view refresh waits for the data to persist so that it reflects the latest changes.' at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/Record_Design.html#Views. Combination of this and querying the data again in the View did the job for us.
    If the above approach didn't work, then you could try for implementing a user friendly work around such as having a button (say 'Refresh') and educating the user thereafter about the same.

Any solution so that previous related action should not appear after the change of status?
    As specified above, the chaining until the database updates has the capability to resolve the issue at times, if the desired behaviour isn't achieved with the above functionality then you could try to opt for user friendly work around. Further I would like to suggest to explore the forum re the 'hide related action' issues which could give you a good idea.
  • Hi Vipin, I am sure you might have thought about this, if not, With the auto refresh functionality one of the difficulty we may encounter is in case of cancelling the entity and its no longer valid to be displayed in the records (may be due to hard / soft delete) , in such cases the activity chaining / if the record is not valid may yield you to get an undesirable situation. So depending upon the action you are performing the automatic refresh may need to be evaluated.