I got around 700k records in a record type. Seems the problem hasn't happene

I got around 700k records in a record type. Seems the problem hasn't happened in development environment. Once we deployed to UAT, the problem was found once user click the record. I have tried when the query time is shorter the record can be display in UAT, but once the query time is longer, then error was shown. I counted it is around 14-15 sec.

Is it related to the time-out setting?

OriginalPostID-197627

OriginalPostID-197627

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @hooday Have you had a chance to dig through the logs? Doing so should definitely let you know the issue (whether if it's a timeout issue or a problem with the configurations of the Record Type) as per my knowledge. 'Caused By' in the logs at the time when the particular object is accessed should determine the issue in a clear manner. If you aren't able to interpret them, I would like to suggest you to attach the same here.

If your assumption is correct, then yes, it could be definitely a issue. It actually depends on how the setting 'conf.data.query.timeout' is configured in your environment. By default, it's set to 10 seconds.

Further may I please know if this happened on clicking a Record or Record Type? If you are able to add some background information, you might get effective suggestions from the community to resolve the same.
  • I believe your colleague is potentially posting about the same topic (or issue):

forum.appian.com/.../e-197626

Hope the information provided in the other thread may be of use.
  • Thanks Sikhivahans & Michael.

I have reviewed the log. Seems it is the query time-out issue. After I clicked the record type, tempo is going to display the record list. The time-out was was happened during the query for the record list.

I totally agree with Michael. We should fine tune the query, but seems Appian is going to query all the data of the record data type instead of only the first 100 records. Am I trying to improve the performance. Thanks for your advise.