mass re-assignment of tasks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a way to do a mass re-assignment of tasks from an individual back to a group or another user?

We have a user that has over 500 tasks accepted by her and she is leaving the group.  I realize that we can re-assign the tasks via the designer interface one-by-one but is there any other way?

Thanks,

Gary

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to garym
    Hi Gary, below are the few ways of handling this scenario:
    1. If you want all of the tasks assigned on her name to be re-assigned to the group - you can simply delete the user from the group and restart the respective tasks and then all the tasks will be re-assigned to the respective groups. As there are bulk number of tasks you may take assistance of IFM Smart Service to re-start them, but before that you need to fetch the list of task Ids (Build a Portal Task Report with the User Context, Save the report in a Constant of type Document and then build an Expression rule with the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() to fetch the list of Task Ids and configure the same to the Query that you are going to pass to the IFM Smart Service)
    2. Build a Portal Task Report with the User Context, Save the report in a Constant of type Document and then build an Expression rule with the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() to fetch the list of Task Ids. Now, build a Process Model to re-assign the list of tasks by using the Shared Component - Reassign With Privileges - and you can make it batch wise as the tasks are bulk in number.

Hope this helps
  • @Poorna - Thank you very much. I think your point #2 would work. I haven't created a portal task report yet but are you saying that I would be able to filter out all the tasks for a particular user in this report and fetch those particular task Ids to be able to use in the reassign with privileges smart service?
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to garym
    Yes, You can pass the Report Context as the Specified User and so the Tasks Result-Set will be filtered out as expected. Keep in mind that you need to pass the same Report Context to the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() function while building the Expression Rule to fetch the Task Ids. It is mandatory for initial filtration of Result-Set.
  • @poorna - Just want to make sure I am understanding this. From the portal task report, I will be able to get the task Ids. However, can I automate this so that I can pass these values into a process model that loops through the reassign with privileges smart service or am I just manually obtaining these task Ids from the task report and passing them into a process model that calls on the reassign with privileges smart service?
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to garym
    @garym - Yes, you can automate this.
    Create the Portal Task Report -> Write an Expression rule with the function a!queryProcessAnalytics() and pass the above Report and the target User as Context Parameters along with the Batch Size & Sorting parameters for the Result-Set Manipulation -> Now create a process model -> Set the Start Index, Batch Size & Loop Counter -> Call the Expression Rule by passing the necessary parameters -> Fetch the Task Ids out of the Result-Set -> Convert the list to Number(Integer) type, if needed -> Call the Smart Service by passing the necessary parameters with MNI (Multiple Node Instances), if needed -> Set the Start Index, Batch Size & Loop Counter as per the need and you are done.
    Though it is a one time job process, it contains both Looping and MNI so be conscious.