Having trouble writing data to data store entity

Hi all,

I am a beginner in Appian and I have come across a problem that I've debugged for an hour but can't find the solution to. I'm attempting to write data to a data store entity and I continue to get the following error:

Problem:  An error occurred in executing an Activity Class.

Details:  An error occurred while trying to write to the entity "vehicle_parts" [id=7241da9e-15f3-402f-ae6d-b0f08195974e@87648, type=VFM_Part (id=3724)] (data store: VFM DS CK). Details: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The record to be saved must not be null: TypedValue[it=3724,v=<null>] Data: TypedValue[it=3724,v=<null>]

Recommended Action:  Examine the activity class to correct the error and then resume.

Priority of this problem: High Priority

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? If it helps, I'm also having trouble finding the created table after I save and publish my data store with no issues.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • In addition to this, you'll also need to map the table's columns to the CDT fields. Check out the following documentation to learn more about available XSD annotations you can use:

docs.appian.com/.../Supported_XSD_Elements_and_JPA_Annotations.html

I've also linked a test CDT XSD that will help you understand this better.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <xsd:schema xmlns:tns="urn:test:TEST" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="urn:test:TEST">
    <xsd:complexType name="TEST_testCdt">
        <xsd:annotation>
            <xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Table(name="TEST_TEST_TABLE_MAPPING")</xsd:appinfo>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="testColumn1" type="xsd:int">
                    <xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Id @GeneratedValue @Column(name="TEST_COLUMN_1" columnDefinition="integer not null")</xsd:appinfo>
            </xsd:element>
            <xsd:element name="testColumn2" type="xsd:int">
                    <xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa">@Column(name="TEST_COLUMN_2" columnDefinition="integer not null")</xsd:appinfo>
            <xsd:element name="testColumn3" type="xsd:string">
                    <xsd:appinfo source="appian.jpa"> @Column(name="TEST_COLUMN_3" columnDefinition="varchar(255) not null")</xsd:appinfo>
        </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:schema>

Children
No Data