Take Screenshot and attach it in Email

Hi All,

I want to take the screenshot of the current screen which is present and attach that as an attachment in an email and send it.

Can someone say me

1.How to take the screenshot of the present screen in Appian

TIA :)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To get the most similar look and feel of the Appian screen I strongly recommend to use XSL-FO option from (dynamic document Gen plugin) , which is a way to control the whole PDF.
  • For me the scenario is like they need to report an issue and the error notification differs. Is there any other solution for this Josep
  • Well if you want to really make screenshots of the screen and send it thru mail, then you can start thinking about some robots, blueprism for example, you can take screen shots after opening Appian. But this is something extra to Appian.

But if you are reporting errors, please define what is an error?

for example SAIL exceptions(red box) because there are coding malpractices, then I think this can be solved.

If you are talking about external systems, then the robot can be a good option.

How often are you getting errors? Do you really need to automate the issues reporting?

Anyway if you are automating the error capture I think the most time consuming is to document how you got it, in this case you can make use of the process history and or implementing your own transition log. And the user can help you to get the screenshot.

You can always ask Appian to incorporate extra functionality like this,

Are you using an standard browser (everybody uses the same browser)? What about doing it thru the browser for example have an extension that take the screenshot and send an email to Appian, then appian starts the process based on the received email?

Are you in cloud? Using mobile app? Or just web?

Hope this helps,

José Pérez

• Well if you want to really make screenshots of the screen and send it thru mail, then you can start thinking about some robots, blueprism for example, you can take screen shots after opening Appian. But this is something extra to Appian.

But if you are reporting errors, please define what is an error?

for example SAIL exceptions(red box) because there are coding malpractices, then I think this can be solved.

If you are talking about external systems, then the robot can be a good option.

How often are you getting errors? Do you really need to automate the issues reporting?

Anyway if you are automating the error capture I think the most time consuming is to document how you got it, in this case you can make use of the process history and or implementing your own transition log. And the user can help you to get the screenshot.

You can always ask Appian to incorporate extra functionality like this,

Are you using an standard browser (everybody uses the same browser)? What about doing it thru the browser for example have an extension that take the screenshot and send an email to Appian, then appian starts the process based on the received email?

Are you in cloud? Using mobile app? Or just web?

Hope this helps,

José Pérez

Children