FitNesseForAppian Release v17.4 - Unable to populate the Text

Hi,

I am not able to populate the text using below script, strange is that this script is working for one screen and it is not working for same field in another screen, can anyone experiencing the same issue, please advise for any solution

|populate field        |Justification for closure|with |${Comments}     |

attached screen shot for more information

2480.File_Upload.docx

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Satheeshkumar,

Could you upload more of the test script for context (in particular, where the comments variable is being populated)? Also, if you could share the SAIL expression for this interface that would be very helpful in investigating the issue.
  • Lucasj,

Thanks for replying,
    I found the solution, here it is what I did, there was a scenario where different user to hit the same screen one after the anther to update their own comments in the comment box.

Assume that user1 is updated comments with below script (user1 script) and after user2 is logged in, try to use the same script to upload his comments, script will not identified this comments box, hence I used the second script (user2 script) below and it worked well
    user1 script : |populate field |Justification for closure | with |${Comments} |
    user2 script : |populate field |Justification for closure[2] | with |${Comments}

thanks
    Satheeshkumar

• Hi Satheeshkumark, I am also facing the same issue for over a year, where populate method works successfully on some forms, but I am not able to populate text fields on other forms using the same method . This issue seems to be a bug within FitNesse For Appian. I'll be following this thread in case anyone shares a solution to this issue.