Can we edit the set a new password email template ?

Hello All,

We are using smart service Add user to add a new user.When a new user is created in our sites , I have to edit the email template of the set new password email smart service sends.As email is generated by the smart service we don't have access to edit the email.But my part of editing is simple as I only have to edit the administrator name that appear in the email to "Project name Admin" from the individual name ( first name & last name) of the person adding the user. 

My 3 solutions which were all rejected by my team:

1) Change the  first name and last name of the person adding the users to  " Project name Admin" -  rejected 

2) Create a new account with first name and last name as " Project name Admin" - rejected

3) Use the smart service " Create user with i18n " and then create a email template - rejected as this doesn't generate a random password as efficient as  the Add user smart service.

Leaving the above 3 solutions any could think of a fix , please let me know.

regards,

Abhishek gaddam.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Doesn't sounds like you really need to change the template because the template is receiving some information generated by Appian. inside the smart service. But I am not 100% sure about this. let's see if someone from Appian can confirm this.

Lets say I am right and you really cannot change it.

For the first option you gave you will have to save the first and last name before changing, and after sending the email, you update back the first and last name of the user, the problem with this is that during few seconds maybe just 1, your user can access and see the name wrong.

For the second option It is a good approach, you can create the account specifically to do that with the desired name, Here you will have to play with the assignments maybe with a subprocess to make sure the process get executed with your desired user.

The third option well the password is not that strong,

I think the second option is a good approach in your scenario, but what if you don't send them the email, and all the users have to recover the password or simply set the SSO using SAML for example. then the users do not have to enter the password at all.
    Here you can find more information about it:
    docs.appian.com/.../SAML_for_Single_Sign-On.html

Best regards
    Jose
  • Hey josep, thanks for the reply. All three options are rejected so I am searching for an alternate solution.
  • Hi Abhishek

Even the SAML option? I think from user perspective would be the best option.

Jose
  • HI Abhishek -

This smart service is standard product, and customization isn't supported right now.

I don't fully understand your use case, but keep in mind,
    If there's some institutional information that you want to share with the newly created user,
    And the standard email doesn't satisfy your need,
    Then consider creating a tailored email to be sent to the user right before you execute the Add User Smart Service.

This tailored email could let the user know the other email is coming, and preemptively advise the user of additional information that's not contained in the new account notification email.