Can we edit the set a new password email template ?

Hello All,

We are using smart service Add user to add a new user.When a new user is created in our sites , I have to edit the email template of the set new password email smart service sends.As email is generated by the smart service we don't have access to edit the email.But my part of editing is simple as I only have to edit the administrator name that appear in the email to "Project name Admin" from the individual name ( first name & last name) of the person adding the user. 

My 3 solutions which were all rejected by my team:

1) Change the  first name and last name of the person adding the users to  " Project name Admin" -  rejected 

2) Create a new account with first name and last name as " Project name Admin" - rejected

3) Use the smart service " Create user with i18n " and then create a email template - rejected as this doesn't generate a random password as efficient as  the Add user smart service.

Leaving the above 3 solutions any could think of a fix , please let me know.

regards,

Abhishek gaddam.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • HI Abhishek -

This smart service is standard product, and customization isn't supported right now.

I don't fully understand your use case, but keep in mind,
    If there's some institutional information that you want to share with the newly created user,
    And the standard email doesn't satisfy your need,
    Then consider creating a tailored email to be sent to the user right before you execute the Add User Smart Service.

This tailored email could let the user know the other email is coming, and preemptively advise the user of additional information that's not contained in the new account notification email.
  • HI Abhishek -

This smart service is standard product, and customization isn't supported right now.

I don't fully understand your use case, but keep in mind,
    If there's some institutional information that you want to share with the newly created user,
    And the standard email doesn't satisfy your need,
    Then consider creating a tailored email to be sent to the user right before you execute the Add User Smart Service.

This tailored email could let the user know the other email is coming, and preemptively advise the user of additional information that's not contained in the new account notification email.
Children
No Data