We have a process where people need to process requests in bulk. What we'd

We have a process where people need to process requests in bulk. What we'd like to do is generate an implementation task per item, but also provide an interface to the implementation teams that would allow them to indicate completion. Ideally this would allow the individual task if affects to be completed. Has anyone done this in Appian?

OriginalPostID-80780

OriginalPostID-80780

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • THanks! That's not really what I envisioned though. Maybe a more detailed example would help. Imagine a process workflow that engages a team (Team A). Someone wishes to run thirty of these workflows. What I'd like to do is give team A the option of either interacting with each of the thirty tasks, or have one task that would allow them to complete all thirty in bulk. I imagine that one way would be to have the User Input Task embedded as a sub-process that also contains a receive message listener. Then, another process could execute a report on all outstanding tasks for that process. A Grid could be populated allowing them to indicate which of those tasks is complete and a message sent to each of appropriate subprocesses. My challenge is that the User Input Tasks in the subprocess would be marked as skipped if the process completes, what I'd like to do is have them marked as complete.
  • THanks! That's not really what I envisioned though. Maybe a more detailed example would help. Imagine a process workflow that engages a team (Team A). Someone wishes to run thirty of these workflows. What I'd like to do is give team A the option of either interacting with each of the thirty tasks, or have one task that would allow them to complete all thirty in bulk. I imagine that one way would be to have the User Input Task embedded as a sub-process that also contains a receive message listener. Then, another process could execute a report on all outstanding tasks for that process. A Grid could be populated allowing them to indicate which of those tasks is complete and a message sent to each of appropriate subprocesses. My challenge is that the User Input Tasks in the subprocess would be marked as skipped if the process completes, what I'd like to do is have them marked as complete.
Children
No Data