New installation, JBOSS not working, Fatal error

Hi, 

I am a bit new to Appian and trying to setup a local instance for learning purpose.

I have installed 18.1 and relevant hotfix too.

I am using JBOSS EAP 6.4. All the services/data server / Search server are starting as expecetd but not the Jboss server.

below are a part of the error log. Can anybody please help me understand what went wrong here?

PS: 1. I followed Qucik start guide 18.1 with MySQL/Jboss to set it up.
       2. I know one or two things about XML but nothing about JAVA/Jscript.

07:46:38,036 DEBUG [org.jboss.as.config] (MSC service thread 1-7) VM Arguments: -Djava.vendor=New Oracle -Xloggc:C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4\standalone\log\gc.log -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=3M -XX:-TraceClassUnloading -XX:+UseCompressedOops -Dprogram.name=standalone.bat -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.URI_ENCODING=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone=GMT -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dappian.home.ear=C:\appian\ear -Djboss.as.management.blocking.timeout=3600 -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Djboss.server.default.config=standalone.xml -Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file=C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4\standalone\log\server.log -Dlogging.configuration=file:C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4\standalone\configuration/logging.properties

07:46:43,688 WARN [org.jboss.messaging] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 22) JBAS011618: There is no resource matching the expiry-address jms.queue.ExpiryQueue for the address-settings #, expired messages from destinations matching this address-setting will be lost!

07:46:43,703 WARN [org.jboss.messaging] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 22) JBAS011619: There is no resource matching the dead-letter-address jms.queue.DLQ for the address-settings #, undelivered messages from destinations matching this address-setting will be lost!

07:47:24,356 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 11) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "suite.ear")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"suite.ear\")]"

07:47:24,356 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) "JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations"

07:47:24,356 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("parallel-subsystem-boot") failed - address: ([]) - failure description: "\"JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations\""

07:47:24,372 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015957: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.

07:47:24,434 INFO [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015950: JBoss EAP 6.4.0.GA (AS 7.5.0.Final-redhat-21) stopped in 54ms

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer
    H praveen

Here one more thing i observed i.e in your local server(MySQL) schema name was "appian-schema".

But in your appian-mysql-ds.xml

jndi-name="jdbc/AppianDS"
    pool-name="MySqlDS"
    enabled="true"
    use-java-context="false">
    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Appianprimary?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-
    property>

Jndi-name and xa-datasource-property name should be same with local server schema name.So your appian-mysql-ds.xml should be
    like below

jndi-name="jdbc/appian-schema"
    pool-name="MySqlDS"
    enabled="true"
    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/appian-schema?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-
    property>

and also you can change the schema name in APPIAN-HOME>suite.ear-->conf-->custome.properties
    ######################
    #### Data Sources ####
    ######################

## Appian must have a dedicated data source. Set the value to the JNDI name of
    ## the data source that will be used as the Appian data source.
    ## Note: This data source must point to a separate tablespace than any listed
    ## in the conf.data.datasources configuration.
    conf.data.APPIAN_DATA_SOURCE=jdbc/appian-schema
    ## Comma-separated list of JNDI names of data sources on the application server
    ## that will be used to store business data. This list is used by the Query
    ## Database smart service and Data Stores.
    ##conf.data.datasources

I believe this should work..

Thanks
  • Hi prakash/Vimal,

Yes, That worked. I created a new schema in my SQL workbench for AppianPrimary . Looks like now I am connected to DB.

secondaly I have appended the xa-datasource-property name= url with  &useSSL=False to avoid the SSL error while connecting to DB.

However, I hit an another road block. when I am trying to start my Jboss, the processing (CMD message) stops or stuck after the below message.

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.web.deployment.

default-host./suite

looks like I am missing something more here. Have attached new server log file. Thank you very much for this.

1513.server.log 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <datasources xmlns="http://www.jboss.org/ironjacamar/schema">
      <!-- System Datasource -->
      <xa-datasource 
          jndi-name="jdbc/AppianPrimary" 
          pool-name="MySqlDS"
          enabled="true" 
        <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/AppianPrimary?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true&useSSL=false</xa-datasource-property>
        <xa-datasource-property name="useUnicode">true</xa-datasource-property>
        <xa-datasource-property name="characterEncoding">UTF-8</xa-datasource-property>
        <xa-datasource-class>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
        <driver>com.mysql.jdbc</driver>
        <security>
          <security-domain>ds-name-security-primary</security-domain>
        </security>
        <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
        <xa-pool>
          <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
          <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
        </xa-pool>
        <timeout>
          <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
          <idle-timeout-minutes>5</idle-timeout-minutes>
        </timeout>
      </xa-datasource>
    </datasources>

it is still generating .failed file for appian-mysql-ds.xml

PS: How to contact the Appian documentation team ? In the quick start guide, in installing MySQL server/workbench part they suggest to create schemas as Appian_schema and BUSINESS_SCHEMA, while in appian-mysql-ds.xml.<environment> they are referring as AppianDS. a naive like me would struggle for days to figure out.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Praveen Nenawa

Hi Praveen,

From your screenshots my understanding is you are trying to connect to a database called "appian_schema".  But in appian-ds-mysql.xml file you have given the value as AppianPrimary which actually doesn't exists in your Local MySql.

Based on 7127.server.log, there are two things to be cleared first

1. Search Server should started before we start Application Server. It seems like there are few issues in that as per the below

08:22:01,699 INFO  [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 164) com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The search server cannot be reached. Failed to connect to server at [localhost:9300]. Check that the search server is started. If running multiple application servers, check that appian-topology.xml is properly configured with the search cluster details. The appian-topology.xml file must be distributed to each /ear/suite.ear/conf/ and /search-server/conf/ directory. See documentation for details. (APNX-1-4274-001)

2. Connecting to Unkonw Database 'AppianPrimary' instead of appian_schema.

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database 'appianprimary'

Please follow the below steps:

1. Stop Application Server

2. Delete the file appian-ds-mysql.xml.xxxxxxx. As it should recreate automatically.

3. Rename suite.ear.XXXXXXX to suite.ear.dodeploy

4. Make sure search server is running in Port 9300.

5. Change your appian-ds-mysql.xml file as below

<xa-datasource 
          pool-name="MySqlDS"
          enabled="true" 
        <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/appian_schema?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-property>
        <xa-datasource-class>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
        <security>
        </security>
        <xa-pool>
        </xa-pool>
        <timeout>
        </timeout>
      </xa-datasource>
    </datasources>

6. Start Application Server
    7. Please attach the log file after following the above steps if there are still any issues.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Praveen Nenawa

Hi Praveen,

From your screenshots my understanding is you are trying to connect to a database called "appian_schema".  But in appian-ds-mysql.xml file you have given the value as AppianPrimary which actually doesn't exists in your Local MySql.

Based on 7127.server.log, there are two things to be cleared first

1. Search Server should started before we start Application Server. It seems like there are few issues in that as per the below

08:22:01,699 INFO  [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 164) com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The search server cannot be reached. Failed to connect to server at [localhost:9300]. Check that the search server is started. If running multiple application servers, check that appian-topology.xml is properly configured with the search cluster details. The appian-topology.xml file must be distributed to each /ear/suite.ear/conf/ and /search-server/conf/ directory. See documentation for details. (APNX-1-4274-001)

2. Connecting to Unkonw Database 'AppianPrimary' instead of appian_schema.

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database 'appianprimary'

Please follow the below steps:

1. Stop Application Server

2. Delete the file appian-ds-mysql.xml.xxxxxxx. As it should recreate automatically.

3. Rename suite.ear.XXXXXXX to suite.ear.dodeploy

4. Make sure search server is running in Port 9300.

5. Change your appian-ds-mysql.xml file as below

<xa-datasource 
          pool-name="MySqlDS"
          enabled="true" 
        <xa-datasource-property name="URL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/appian_schema?useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true</xa-datasource-property>
        <security>
        </security>
        <xa-pool>
        </xa-pool>
        <timeout>
        </timeout>
      </xa-datasource>
    </datasources>

6. Start Application Server
    7. Please attach the log file after following the above steps if there are still any issues.

Children
No Data