How to handle Double and Long values in Appian?

Hi,

How can we handle the Long and Double values in Appian, I tried saving 2147483647 as Integer in a constant but I got stopped with an error and when I try to convert it to integer (i.e., toInteger("2147483647")) am getting unreadable output.

So what is the best way to handle Long & Double values.

Regards,

Balaji.R

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Appian does not handle Long and Double values very well. However there are few workarounds.

1. If you want the long or double values only for display purpose, like in a form or a record or a report, keep the value in the text form.
    2. If you have to do some operation on that value like addition, subtraction etc., use todecimal(). For eg. todecimal("2147483647"). It will give you an approximate answer after rounding off certain digits.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    Appian does not handle Long and Double values very well. However there are few workarounds.

1. If you want the long or double values only for display purpose, like in a form or a record or a report, keep the value in the text form.
    2. If you have to do some operation on that value like addition, subtraction etc., use todecimal(). For eg. todecimal("2147483647"). It will give you an approximate answer after rounding off certain digits.
Children