How to handle Double and Long values in Appian?

Hi,

How can we handle the Long and Double values in Appian, I tried saving 2147483647 as Integer in a constant but I got stopped with an error and when I try to convert it to integer (i.e., toInteger("2147483647")) am getting unreadable output.

So what is the best way to handle Long & Double values.

Regards,

Balaji.R

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Balaji,
    I had the same issue couple of days back. I need to store 18 digit value. So it was the same "2147483647" constant that will be stored in db table. So, I changed the type of the CDT field to "Text" and make the db field value as varchar.

The reason is Appian doesn't support long or double. If you would use decimal or float it would round it off to some values.

So, at this point I would suggest to make the field as text.

Thanks
    Srinath
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to srinatha
    Hi Srinath,

Yes I agree, the workaround to handle long or double values is to define datatype as Text but in certain cases like "If you want to compare the user entered value if it is greater than '2147483647' or not, then we don't have choice than going with todecimal() option".

If you have any better option or workaround plz let me know.

Regards,
    Balaji.R
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to srinatha
    Hi Srinath,

Yes I agree, the workaround to handle long or double values is to define datatype as Text but in certain cases like "If you want to compare the user entered value if it is greater than '2147483647' or not, then we don't have choice than going with todecimal() option".

If you have any better option or workaround plz let me know.

Regards,
    Balaji.R
Children
No Data